Wheredafukarwi

mercoledì, gennaio 17, 2007

My challenging job

A must-be-element in all Italian TV shows is an interesting fenomena also known as letterina.
Letterina is a half-naked leggy female in her late twenties, sporting killer smile, year-round-tan and hair extensions. She never says anything, all she really does is walk seductively back and forth in front of the camera. Letterina’s other important task is to move hips (dance?) during short intervals that occur between “seeya soon” and commercials break. I don’t see the point of letterina but all Italians consider them to be very important.

What I wanted to say is that in my contract might be written “Analyst” but in fact my job is to be the letterina of the office space.

I’ve nothing to say because my Italian skills are very basic and I understand only half of what’s been said and know nothing about supply chain management. Sometimes I understand conversations and know what to say, but by the time I’m ready with my sentence, everyone has moved on to another topics and it would be weird to comment something that was discussed 3 minutes ago. So most of the time I say nothing.

However, my task is to attend meetings held in Italian language and later prepare the meeting minutes in Italian. The resulting minutes are a complete crap.
However, a rumour has spread that there’s a Nordic Blondie on display and since then meeting attendance rates have increased rapidly. While people gather in the meeting room the lost sons ask me intellectual questions such as Do you come from Sweden? Do you work as a model? Do people in Estonia speak in Russian?
My supervisor said he’s OK with this outcome and corrects happily my lunatic meeting minutes.


Question of the day: shall I get bonus if I walk seductively back and forth during the meetings? :)

3 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Darcy B said…

    Walking up and down seductively should be no challenge for you...Lolita..or is that Letterina/Nordic blondie! So bonus guaranteed!

    PS-Hope things improve and it turns out to be a REAL job!!!

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Darcy B said…

    Walking up and down seductively should be no challenge for you...Lolita..or is that Letterina/Nordic blondie! So bonus guaranteed!

    PS-Hope things improve and it turns out to be a REAL job!!!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Katu said…

    Repetition is the mother of wisdom as I see from your repetitive comments :)

    Anyway, thank you for the encouraging thoughts and hints on the walking technique. As I understood, the trick is to walk up and down not back and forth?

     

Posta un commento

<< Home